Today we bring to you the experience of Vaibhav from Pravara Rural Engineering College. He is simultaneously sharing his experiences at Internshala, Google Online Marketing Challenge, BuddyByte.com and NearBuy. He has had different profiles in each and reinforces the belief that sky is the limit!
InterFeel (IF): Please tell us something about yourself. Where are you studying currently? What are your hobbies and interests?
Vaibhav Kurkute (VK): I am Vaibhav Kurkute currently pursuing the third year of the Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering from Pravara Rural Engineering College. The college situated in Rural Area of Maharashtra known for its First Sugar Factory in Asia Continent
IF: Tell us something about your internships?
VK: (1) Internshala: In the Month of Aug 2015 I applied for Student Partner Program whose advertisement was displayed on their official website which surely attracted my attention while finding Internship. Through which my journey started with Internshala Team and promoted their work into my college through activities for which I was given a stipend. Once the Student Partner program which was for 6 months was completed, I was offered an opportunity to do an internship with them for handling Student Partner Program & Marketing. Further, due to my interest in Graphics Design, I also helped them design various things. I learned many things though it was Work from Home.
(2) GoMC: I was waiting for the chance to participate in any competition of Google and the day arrived when received mail of Marketing Challenge known as GOMC. I applied for that just by filling a small form by verifying Institution Teacher Identity for it and also Formed Team as I was new to such things. I got chance to learn how to Use Adwords in Promoting Product of Company as I got amount credited of $250 from Google itself. I also learnt to write a big long report on Marketing Strategies & how it helped acquire customers for company and most important to work in team though it was not In-Office work!!
(3) BuddyByte.com: I got a chance to work as the content writer for 1 year at BuddyByte.com where I wrote various articles on Technology & Trends. I got paid for each unique articles, I applied buddybyte on by just emailing my resume to their official mail. It helped me improve my “Word Power” and grammar too.
(4) NearBuy: It was my first to work such big startup which was of the Indian Origin where I learned various Offline & Online Marketing tactics through actually implementing it, by mouth to mouth publicity or social Media Marketing.
VK: (1) Internshala: Selection process what completely based on how you can promote their product in an effective manner are marketing and every year two students from each college can participate and from a 10k application only 1k are selected based on Automated Phone Call Interview
(2) BuddyByte.com: Selection process is completely based on how creative you are and about your vocabulary because during process they ask to write around 2 articles based on topics of your own interest and in simple language.
(3) GOMC: Entry in competition is normal but before competition starts you have to select a company to promote with their permission and write pre-campaign report which decides your final entry into the competition. The first thing I would say is to speak-up truth & experiences which can decide your potential which will make the selection process easiertask for anyone.
IF: Could you please highlight the work you carried out during your internships?
VK: (1) Internshala: I promoted Internshala among students of my college through a seminar, registration contest, during college festival and by organizing poster activity.
(2) GOMC: During various Internships, I learned many things may be during GOMC I learnt how to work with Adwords and not just that but also how to manage and create campaigns and analyse performance and decided what to do next to get more rate of interest percentage.
(3) Buddybyte: I wrote various articles related to health & technology which helped me to keep myself up-to-date. I also believe my grammar has gotten stronger.
IF: Can you give us interesting details about your experience – good and bad?
VK: Actually, all the internships helped me in a positive way and I learnt something new and overcame some challenges.
IF: How do you think these internships have helped you grow? In other words, what are your key takeaways from all your internships?
VK: The experience which I got during each of my internships has helped me learn new things how it works in the company. It also gave me an opportunity to get selected and work with many different companies that will help me in the pre placement offers.
IF: Have these internships had a decision altering impact on your career? Do you now think of a different future path as compared to before doing the internship?
VK: I believe having done variety of internships will surely add value to my CV and surely affect my career in a good. Further, it also helped me find my career interest.
IF: Lastly, do you have any words of advice or caution for students aspiring for these internships and reading this piece?
VK: Take every internship as a challenge. Try and apply for internships even during your holidays so you get a chance to work on different things. Also you can opt for work from the office and get more experience and learn all new things.
We would like to thank Vaibhav for all these insightful and inspirational experiences. We wish him all the best for his future!