[su_button url=”http://internfeel.com/dreamcatcher-t1″ target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#35979E” color=”#fff” size=”6″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”round” icon=”icon: user” text_shadow=”5px 5px 5px #c8c8c8″ rel=”DreamCatcher” title=”DreamCatcher” class=”goddamn-buttons”]Have a Chat With Him[/su_button]
InternFeel ID: IF15041
Q2) Which internship did you opt for? Briefly describe the application process and eligibility with a few details like stipend, duration and location.
My internship was in Digital Marketing. I got my summer internship during college placements. Magitt Consultancy was the first company that came up with the internships for digital marketing. I didn’t want to miss this opportunity and I tried my level best to crack the interview and finally I got selected. Magitt consultancy was all about providing website development, Digital marketing and Ecommerce Solutions. It was a start-up established in the year 2014. My stipend was around 3k per Month and incentives as per the performance. My internship duration was 3 months and it was located in Dahiser [East].
Q3) Is this your first Internship? How did you come to know about the internship? Which channels of information (Internet/ Personal/Corporate contacts etc.) did you utilize?
Yes it was my first internship. I got my internship from college placements. As my area of interest was Digital marketing and Magitt consultancy was the only firm coming up with this post. I kept myself connected through college placement cell for the same.
Q4) Let’s talk about how competitive the selection process is. What qualities of yours do you think helped you to have an edge in the selection process?
- Build and maintain social media presence
- Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Using web analytics software to monitor performance of client websites and make recommendations for improvement
- Using Google analytics and webmaster tool to monitor performance of client’s websites.
- Developing a distinct online presence by attracting high numbers of internet followers through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Developing strategies to increase number of visitors to a website by getting high-ranking placements in search results.
- Managed and enhanced a company’s brand or reputation in the public’s eye.
- Coordinated objectives with Sales, Engineering and Digital Marketing Teams.
- Ensured brand consistency and enrich customer service experience.
- Drive profitable sales, brand growth and loyalty for a number of business areas.
- Developed and executed brand management plans.
- Ensure brand communication for areas of responsibility are consistent with the company and brand positioning.
- Coordinated and managed content management and information sharing among departments, divisions and external customers and divisions.
- Provide design and direction for collateral, web, product packaging, and other visual communications media for the company.
- Assisted development and refinement of uniform graphic standards and visual brand strategies.
- Responsible for Paid Marketing on Facebook and Google.
- Responsible for maintaining the social media channels of the organization and monitoring them on a regular basis for comments and posts.
- Responsible for the Google Search Rankings for client’s community website.
- To provide weekly progress updates including Social Media Monitoring Reports and Google analytics reporting.
- Publishing and tagging content for SEO on the Blog and Social Media Channels (Articles, Graphics, Podcasts and Videos).
- Working with the Content Writers, Web Developers and Graphic Designers to improve the Clients Site and their Social Channels
The best thing in my internship was that I was free to ask as many as questions of my internship guide in the Magitt consultancy and at the same time he was very good in answering all my doubts by explaining or by giving practical examples. As it was a start-up company the organizational hierarchy was minimal, due to which we could directly approach to the founder/president/guide of Magitt consultancy for any help, suggestions etc.
I liked the work culture. Everyone used to help each other and we used to work in a team. Following are some things that I gained in these 3 months of my internship:
- Learning to correlate between the textbook knowledge [Classroom learning in PGDM] of management and management applied in the actual corporate world
- Getting knowledge about how various departments in an organization co-ordinate in harmony and how they function
- Awareness about the policies of the company with respect to their goals, mission, vision etc.
- An opportunity to test my own interest in a marketing career before permanent commitments are made.
- An opportunity to develop attitudes conducive to effective interpersonal relationships.
- Getting to know about challenges and opportunities for digital marketing in India.
- A basic understanding of SEO, SEM, SMM, ORM, etc.
- Client satisfaction strategies and pitching in a corporate environment
- The need for effective leadership, team work and time management
- Learning from the strengths of competitors
- The etiquette of formal communication
Yes, Magitt consultancy has his own T-shirt brand called MONKIE.IN which is available online. So to do some promotional activities and also to sell the Monkie.in t-shirts we had a word with HR department of companies such as Tech Mahindra & Wizzcraft for giving us a small space to put up a stall. They permitted us to do the same and it was a great experience selling t-shirts and connecting to people.
Q10) Let’s now talk about some negatives. What were the glitches and problems that came your way, which you think your juniors should be careful to avoid?
Always be focused. Whatever you do, become a master in it. If your aim is clear no one can stop you from achieving it. Always try to learn new things. Even if you have got a lot of knowledge and experience already, don’t give up opportunities to learn.
Q12) What are your future plans and how much of an impact do you think this internship will have on it?